Wiki Leadership Training for Officers-More info, please

teridmac

Contributor
Best answers
Hi,
I signed up for the Leadership Training for the local officers. Is this the training that we are required to take or is this more in-depth training? I previously took training earlier this year and want to make sure I'm not signed up to do something that I've already completed.

Thank you,
Teri

Hi Teri. The Training is very similar to the training you did onsite with your local chapter. It is a little more in depth and we will be splitting up into respective officers. we will also be playing a jeopardy game.

Cant wait to meet you!!

Leadership Training for Officers on Saturday, April 9th

Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend due to my flight won't be in until the 10th of April.
Judy Wilson, came and did an Officer training for all new officers in Newport News, Va. earlier this year. She did an excellent job at this as well. Great new things to look forward too as well. I would like to add something, if I may:
1. Upcoming Officers, try and mentor them all year long
2. Be committed, making time to do a good job.
3. Be professional in your dress, people are looking at you as a head of the class sort of speaking.
4. Always have kind words for everyone.
5. Make new attendees feel welcome very much.
6. Have regular officers meeting for planning the next chapter meeting/seminars/workshop and etc.
7. The idea a previous officer from another chapter had about having a pinning ceremony is great.
8. Do something special at the end of the year for your members so they will feel that they are important to your chapter.

I also, want to thank Judy Wilson for telling us about the presentation that we are allowed to give from the AAPC website to help us out when we do not have speakers.
What we have done is chose some topics and pick some of our regular members that attend, to present one at a monthly chapter meeting. This way it gives them a chance to actual speak in front of a crowd, but one that they already know. I have seen first hand how well this has worked. It builds self esteem, helps them to also take responsibly, learn additional material and feel completely comfortable sharing it. I am so very proud of the ones that have done this so far and we have until June to finish up with this. Building leaders for the future.

Thank you and I hope you sincerely have a great turn out.
Betty Hougasian, CPC
Portsmouth Va. Chapter-President

Betty,
Sorry you will not be able to attend the Leadership session, but I am so glad you are using the resources from the AAPC. I can't wait to see you and all the rest of the people from our region that will be attending this year. Have a safe trip and thank you for the kind words.:)