Wiki Leadless Pacemaker

hjohnson

Contributor
Best answers
Has anyone else coded a leadless pacemaker? This is a new St. Jude implant and it is implanted directly into the heart through a catheter. It "floats" without leads. Just wondering if anyone else is doing them, are you using the 33999 unlisted code and how are you pricing? Thanks,

Holly

CPT 33999 is the unlisted code for leadless pacemaker which corresponds with the pricing for CPT 33207. I hope this helps.
Thanks. Miha

You also need to use V70.7 as the secondary Dx. IDE # and CT # are required as well.
Good news is that come 2015, we will have a Temporary code to bill for it.

Glenn

You also need to use V70.7 as the secondary Dx. IDE # and CT # are required as well.
Good news is that come 2015, we will have a Temporary code to bill for it.

Glenn

It is July 2015 now, do you know what the Temporary code is for this yet?
I work in Anesthesia, and I need a CPT that crosses to an Anesthesia code, and 33207 just might work. But if there is a more specific code for the Nanostim Leadless Pacemaker Insertion I would really like to know.

Thank you!

Has anyone else coded a leadless pacemaker? This is a new St. Jude implant and it is implanted directly into the heart through a catheter. It "floats" without leads. Just wondering if anyone else is doing them, are you using the 33999 unlisted code and how are you pricing? Thanks,

Holly

The code for the leadless pacdemaker is 0387T which came out this year.
HTH,
Jim Pawloski, CIRCC