Wiki Let's start a pysch coding email group!

Hello fellow psych coders,

I am new to psychiatry and have not found a lot of helpful information on coding psych. There is some, such as the APA and books by Chester Schmidt. There are a few courses and such offered, but they look like they are mostly for physicians rather than coders.

I think it would be great to start an email network of psych coders, where we could send out quick questions to each other during the work day and they could be answered by anyone who has a minute to help out. We could help each other out and maybe we could all do the best possible job with our psych coding.

This is what my colleagues and I do where I work, and it works so well! The only problem is: none of us has much experience with psych coding.

Please post your email address to add to the list, or just say what you think of this idea.
Hi All! I was wondering if any of the Psych coders out there have experience with billing for Neuropsych testing services for Psy. Ds? I am having a tough time and just wanted to make sure I'm doing everything correctly. Thanks!!!!

Substance Abuse Billing for Intensive Out patient billing!!!!

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew the Numerical cpt code for Intensive outpatient billing. we currently use hcpcs code H0015 and we were told by BC that there is a cpt numerical equivalent that we should be using. I have searched online but cannot find one.

Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was wondering if anyone knew the Numerical cpt code for Intensive outpatient billing. we currently use hcpcs code H0015 and we were told by BC that there is a cpt numerical equivalent that we should be using. I have searched online but cannot find one.

Look in the cpt book in the 90804-90899 range to find the equivalent. It would depend on whether it is inpatient, outpatient, initial, subsequent, and time. I hope this helps!

email list

What a great idea! I've been coding behavior health for about 2 yrs now and it is so hard to find an answer! Please add me to your list:

mland@fpi.umaryland.edu

Margi

Add me to your list qwebb2012@yahoo.com

I mostly code Geropsychiatric patients that are seen for medical issues that create the mental issues and use code set 90801, 99231, 99232, and 99233. It would be great to get some more info on this broad field and increase my skills. Thanks.

HI! I am just starting with coding this particular area...and the person is actually a clinical social worker. Any type of help with how to do the coding for this would be greatly appreciated, tips and where to start, anything..haha. I am reading MCR guidelines etc, but mostly for psych txment. Thanks so much11

Psych coding email group

So who is setting this up because, to my knowledge, it hasn't started up yet. Who is in charge of this? If no one knows then do we have any volunteers to go through the threads and collect the email addresses to at least BEGIN the group email? I know that all of you have questions, otherwise we wouldn't be replying to this thread. lol!

I mean no harm so I hope that I haven't offended anyone. Let's make this happen! GEAUX TEAM PSYCHOS!!! :D

I have been working with Behavioral health coding and auditing for the past 10 years and have not found a group of individuals that can discuss and share issues, concerns, policies, etc. so this is a great idea. Please add me to the growing list!!

cssmith@ecommunity.com

Thanks