Wiki Let's start a pysch coding email group!

Count Me In

Please include me in your email list for Behavioral Health coding questions/issues.

Thank you!

Cindy Cox, CPC, CPMA, AAPC NAB 2011-2013
Behavioral Health Medical Coder/Auditor
County of Orange
Phone - (714) 313-7382
Email - Ccox@ochca.com

I'm not able to manage the email list

Hi folks, thank you for all the responses. I have found that I don't have the technical know-how to run an email list. I think a listserv should be set up. Also, there wasn't a lot of volume in the group. I have "retired" from this group. I am no longer coding psych. If someone out there knows how to set up a listserv, that would be great. You could email me at kimberlyshermansd@yahoo.com, and I can forward the list I have to you.

This AAPC forum is probably the best way to get info on your behavioral health questions!

I am going through all requests...

Hello fellow psych coders,

I have started a psych coders group on Yahoo groups. The email list I had started before became so big, I couldn't even reply because Yahoo didn't let me send emails to 128 people at once! Also, the volume of emails had become very burdensome.

So to make a long story short, please go to http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/psychcoders and join the group!!! :)

Hi fellow behavioral health coders - I am going through everyone who asked to join here, and sending you an email with the links to join up. I am on page 5, and there are 17 pages, so it will take awhile. Any new people, please use the url above to join the group and the coding fun! Please do that rather than posting to this list. I will get your request to join, and will approve it via my email ASAP.

PsychCoders is now a Yahoo Group - please join!

Hello fellow psych coders,

I have started a psych coders group on Yahoo groups. The email list I had started before became so big, I couldn't even reply because Yahoo didn't let me send emails to 128 people at once! Also, the volume of emails had become very burdensome.

So to make a long story short, please go to http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/psychcoders and join the group!!! :)
Please add me at blessedmommaof8@gmail.com I tried getting into the group and was not able to get through my firewall. So, maybe trying it in reverse will work. Thank you. Michelle Hoffman New to Psych Coding

I am in Philadelphia PA and would like to be a part of a behavioral health coding group. I deal with pediatrics only and struggle sometimes when the codes are in a gray area. Medicare is not always appropriate for pediatrics and most of are clients have commercial or managed Medicaid, which does not always follow medicare and usually are based on contracts and their own fee schedule.