Wiki level 3 or level 4

lcolborn

Guru
Best answers
Hi, guys! Just want some feedbacks in choosing the level of service for Covid- 19 positive patients with infusion and 2 data = level 3 or 4 ?
(Note: MDM Grid on level 4 is for Acute uncomplicated injury ,( not illness), and on Level 5 , acute /chronic illness/injury that pose threat to life or bodily function)

Thank you much !

Assuming this is outpatient.
I would likely count this level 4, depending on the documentation and patient status.
Problems: depending on status of patient, either level 4 for acute illness with systemic symptoms, or level 3 for acute uncomplicated illness. Could even possibly level 5 if patient is more critical (like hospital inpatient, considering intubation, etc)
Data: You state 2 data/test items, so level 3.
Risk: Level 4 if your physician is determining infusion is needed and ordering rx for such. Could possibly level 5 if patient is more critical and decision regarding hospitalization is made.
So, the level could be 3, 4 or 5 depending on the specific situation.

Assuming this is outpatient.
I would likely count this level 4, depending on the documentation and patient status.
Problems: depending on status of patient, either level 4 for acute illness with systemic symptoms, or level 3 for acute uncomplicated illness. Could even possibly level 5 if patient is more critical (like hospital inpatient, considering intubation, etc)
Data: You state 2 data/test items, so level 3.
Risk: Level 4 if your physician is determining infusion is needed and ordering rx for such. Could possibly level 5 if patient is more critical and decision regarding hospitalization is made.
So, the level could be 3, 4 or 5 depending on the specific situation.
Thank you for responding. Makes me feel better that we share the same sentiment on this. I have no doubt in what I know so far, but a different voice surely
helps a lot in making sure you are on the right track. Thank you !