Wiki Level of Risk for MDM

CJoy0724

Networker
Best answers
Just wondering if anyone has any info on where "Antibiotic prophylaxis protocol was reviewed" would fall on the table of risk. We have some providers that feel this is considered prescription drug management and makes it moderate. But they are not actually prescribing an antibiotic, just reminding the patient that since they have had a joint replacement, they should call us for an antibiotic prior to certain dental procedures. I was thinking this was more straightforward, or maybe low, but have not been able to find any information on this specific topic.

Prescription Drug Management

Good Afternoon CJoy0724,

This is what Noridian has to say about it. Please see below, I have also included a link directly to the source for your reference. I hope this helps!

Q11. What does prescription drug management consist of? For example, if a provider prescribes Motrin 800mg or a course of antibiotics, would this be considered Prescription drug management? within the MDM?

A11. Prescription drug management is for managing the drug regimen. This is not just listing the patients medications. It is for new drugs prescribed, evaluation and raise or lower drug dosages, etc.

https://www.noridianmedicare.com/partb/train/workshops/qa/evaluation_and_management.html

Have a great day!
Leppiegirl

Last edited: