Wiki LinkedIn

I was wondering if anyone has used LinkedIn to get their name out there for job opportunities? What has been your experience with using this site?

I have a LinkedIn account, but I have not used it for job hunting per say, but more of a networking tool. Works well for that.

Not for coding but when my job title was related to the claims/contract system configuration, i constantly received messages from recruiters for contract work. Once I changed it to my current coding related position they stopped coming in.

I use it for networking also. I do occasionally get recruiter messages for potential jobs. They sound interesting if I were looking & good to know they are out there!
Also, there are job search options in it which may be helpful if you are looking. You can follow companies with LinkedIn if you want to keep up industry/business news.

I use it for networking and I have connected with some really impressive billers and coders that are currently working. I have also connected with many other health care professionals. I find that it is great for networking although I haven't tried using it for job searching but I did see some pretty amazing sounding local job postings there and through the LinkedIn Students app; however, not all of them are strictly for coding or billing but they do all ask about coding, billing, EHR, and other proficiency and those jobs generally do not require experience in that specific position that is open. I would recommend using LinkedIn, if not for job searching, then to connect with others. Networking is also a great way to find a job in many cases because your connections may pass information along, refer you, or even recommend you.