Wiki List for which insurance companies on AS-80

MANCODER

Best answers
Does anyone have a list for which ins payer prefer for mod 80 -vs- AS !!!!
it would be greatly appreciated!! I am in the west region (Arizon)

It is my understanding that AS is only for NPP (non-physician practitioners). We use the AS for our PA's. We use the 80 and 82 for all of our physicians depending on which hospital. 82 is used for all teaching hospitals when a resident is not available to assist.

Hope this helps a little.

Does anyone have a list for which ins payer prefer for mod 80 -vs- AS !!!!
it would be greatly appreciated!! I am in the west region (Arizon)

Hey ManCoder! Our PA-C Assists on alot of our Surgeries and we use -AS on his claims. But our Washington State L&I will not recognize -AS and have asked us to use -80 on his claims. Same thing with USDept of Labor. So it's a carrier specific thing. If you're claim is denied with one modifier, call and talk to a Provider Rep to see if they're looking for another mod.

Jenna, CPC

Hey ManCoder! Our PA-C Assists on alot of our Surgeries and we use -AS on his claims. But our Washington State L&I will not recognize -AS and have asked us to use -80 on his claims. Same thing with USDept of Labor. So it's a carrier specific thing. If you're claim is denied with one modifier, call and talk to a Provider Rep to see if they're looking for another mod.

Jenna, CPC

Same for us- we use -AS on our PA's claims with the exception of WA State L&I.:)

~Kirsten, CPC