Wiki Location of services question

punkyboo

Networker
Best answers
Hi there,
I need some assistance.
We are having an issue in our office that has to do with the locations where our doctors see our patients. They see them at several different offices, so we told them that they have to state in their dictation where they saw the patient, since we do not have specific superbills for each location.
They are upset about it, and want to see something in print (from CMS, preferably) that the location of the service has to be stated in their note.
Does anyone know where I can find some kind of documentation like this? Any help would be greatly appreciated...:)

~P

Hi there,
I need some assistance.
We are having an issue in our office that has to do with the locations where our doctors see our patients. They see them at several different offices, so we told them that they have to state in their dictation where they saw the patient, since we do not have specific superbills for each location.
They are upset about it, and want to see something in print (from CMS, preferably) that the location of the service has to be stated in their note.
Does anyone know where I can find some kind of documentation like this? Any help would be greatly appreciated...:)

~P

I dont think location has anything to do with notes. You would need it for CMS-1500 box 32. would not it be easier to have something printed on superbill?

Box 32 on our CMS-1500 does state the location in which the patient was seen, but we coders are concerned that the office note does not state the actual location, in case we are audited. So we need something in print that states that the location where the patient was seen has to be stated in the dictation.