Wiki LOOKING FOR CODES TO BILL FOR

Best answers
I am looking for codes that are billable for Mental Health Services. If anyone has information I look forward to knowing what is out there. I was also wanted to know about 99484 code, is this billable and what insurances will take it.

Could you be a little more specific? Are you looking for something other than the mental health section of the CPT book?
I am lookin for codes that could be billed for mental health. We have tried the code 99484, but the insurance companies will not pay for that could. I am just trying to max what we could be billing for.

I am lookin for codes that could be billed for mental health. We have tried the code 99484, but the insurance companies will not pay for that could. I am just trying to max what we could be billing for.
What in particular about mental health do you need to know about? What kinds of mental health services is your doctor providing that needs coding?

What in particular about mental health do you need to know about? What kinds of mental health services is your doctor providing that needs coding?
He is a NP and has a case manager that does follow up with patients. We are running into a problem using the 99484 code for the follow ups. But I am new to this and was looking for things that could be billed out for his services. At this time he is doing everything on video or phone. Office staff takes calls from patients and sends him a message when the patient calls in, maybe that could be billed out. Thanks so much for answering and helping in any way you can.

He sees patients through video and over the phone. He also has a case manager that does follow up calls to patients. He is like starting from the bottom and wants to make sure he is maximizing all avenues.

For the case management services check your state Medicaid manual. They may have codes that they want you to use for these services. The NP should be able to bill regular E&M codes following current telehealth rules for payers. If the NP is doing therapy you should also look into those codes, again following current telehealth guidelines. The NP may need to be credentialed in behavioral health for these services.

I'm still unclear on whether your "case manager" is a licensed professional or not. Be careful about billing for non-licensed people.