Wiki Looking for CPC position with no experience

Best answers
I received my CPC-A in April and have had 2 job interviews since then, however, both times the employers wanted someone with more experience. I have been working in medical records for 7 years. I am feeling very frustrated and wondering if this certification was the right thing to do. I thought getting this certification would really send me in a new exciting direction. At this point I am wondering if I should go for another certification such as CRC or billing and maybe that will help me get a job. If anyone has advise I would love to hear it.

Don’t give up. Get your resume together. Send it everywhere. Expand your horizons. Keep learning. Go to meetings. Get on LinkedIn. Zip recruiter. Apply for billing jobs. Maintain a positive and determined attitude. What you lack in specific coding experience, you make up for in other experience that would make you an awesome coder. Realize that. Have confidence that you are intelligent, professional and provide value beyond your job scope. See that, be that. And others will too.

It's the same for me. This has been going for 6 months. Every job post I bring up requires the applicant to have AT LEAST 1 year if not 3-5 years of coding experience. I recently had an interview with the a company that said they just changed their policy and were not requiring experience to be hired as a coder. After the interview, I was turned down and got many excuses of why they didn't want to hire me. I felt as though they were still not "on board" with the new policy and were looking for ways of finding only those with the experience they wanted in the first place. Beyond frustrating.

It's the same for me. This has been going for 6 months. Every job post I bring up requires the applicant to have AT LEAST 1 year if not 3-5 years of coding experience. I recently had an interview with the a company that said they just changed their policy and were not requiring experience to be hired as a coder. After the interview, I was turned down and got many excuses of why they didn't want to hire me. I felt as though they were still not "on board" with the new policy and were looking for ways of finding only those with the experience they wanted in the first place. Beyond frustrating.
Me too. I am certified as of March and have been on 5 interviews. I have only been on foot-in-the-door interviews because there just aren't coding jobs. They ALL want experience.

Don’t give up. Get your resume together. Send it everywhere. Expand your horizons. Keep learning. Go to meetings. Get on LinkedIn. Zip recruiter. Apply for billing jobs. Maintain a positive and determined attitude. What you lack in specific coding experience, you make up for in other experience that would make you an awesome coder. Realize that. Have confidence that you are intelligent, professional and provide value beyond your job scope. See that, be that. And others will too.

I 100% agree with this response. It took me about a year when I started applying for jobs seriously, before I started my new job. In my experience, landing your new job is a lot about timing and persistence (and a positive attitude). Even if you are the perfect candidate for the job, you might still be turned down due to the fact that the hiring manager just isn't looking for a coder right now. Perhaps they are not able to train a fresh CPC grad.
I know of companies who exclusively look for CPC-As though, and your window in catching those jobs might start to close the longer you wait without experience. Try searching specifically for CPC-A positions.
Are you willing to relocate for your first coding job? Or perhaps commute a ways? Those are also ways to expand your job search and get that precious job experience.

Good luck!