Wiki Looking for entry level position in SF Bay Area

maya_dancer

Best answers
I recently completed my CPC-A certification and am looking for work (temp, permanent, intern or paid) in the San Frrancisco Bay Area.

I am hard working and have great attention to detail. I learn quickly and adapt to new work environments easily. I am reliable and steady. Below is my resume:

Karen Lynn Miller CPC-A
138 Albion St., San Francisco, CA 94410 415.645.3537 millerkaren66@yahoo.com

Objective
Detail oriented and quality focused professional trained in medical coding and billing seeking employment with a progressive and reputable company.

Qualifications
Knowledge of ICD-9-CM & CPT-4 and HCPCS codes
Superior customer relationship skills Learning ICD-10 Ability to work in diverse environments
Medical terminology, anatomy, and physiology
Experienced in MS Word, Excel

Education

San Francisco State University College of Extended Learning February ? May 2014
 Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
 Obtained CPC-A in June 2014
California Culinary Academy, San Francisco CA February ? September 2002
 Baking and Pastry Arts Certificate
San Francisco State University 1993-2001
 M.A. in Philosophy (all but thesis)
 B.A. in Philosophy, graduated cum laude

Experience

Multikulti Gift Shop 2000-Present
Store Manager
 Responsible for store operations including daily sales tracking, reporting, inventory control, merchandising, buying, window displays and stocking
 Ensure excellence in customer service and resolution of all problems at the store level.

Farina Restaurant 2007 June-August
Pastry Production Assistant
 Work directly with pastry chef monitoring baking, mixing and finishing of cakes and pastries as needed.
 Executed menu items by following established methods of preparation, assuring quality of product by paying detailed attention to color, taste, texture, portion size and overall appearance.

San Francisco State University 2000 Spring Term
Teaching Assistant
 Assisted professor in preparation of lectures, including doing research and creating worksheets.
 Evaluated students' progress and offered feedback and recommendations on assignments.

ConStat Market Research 1993 - 1999
Data Processing Assistant
 Assisted in processing and tabulation of research data.
 Wrote computer scripts for data collection and data entry.
 Identified and interpreted data obtained from source documents.
 Assisted with research needs and kept resource files organized and responded to inquiries.