Wiki Looking for guidelines for 97763

littlelora

Networker
Best answers
So our office bills out a code for orthotic training and management given in our office. The new 97763 code, I am looking for any information on what deems a visit a subsequent visit. We have a provider asking, if he just says you can take the orthotic off for XX hours every day now from the previous XX hours, is that enough to warrant the use of 97763? Any and all advice is appreciated!

With any time based code, you must get to 50% of the time specified in the code. My understanding is this is a hands on physical/occupational therapy code as well so i do not think the instruction alone qualifies for this code under either scenario.

Last edited:
Yes, I do know you have to get to 50%, I guess I'm looking for an article or something that specifies what would be required in order to bill the code. We do instruction on walkers, crutches, and we have a couple braces that we lock the ROM on, so if that were going to be adjusted, or we were transitioning from a wheeled walker to a 4 prong cane, there is instruction there as well. So really I'm looking for scenarios that would qualify I guess. Thanks for the info!