Wiki Looking for Ortho resources

Best answers
Hello!

I have just started a position as an ortho coder and I am looking for any resources I can find.

Any suggestions? I know Nancy Reading talked about an ortho book that she couldn't live without so Nancy if you read this can you tell me the name of the book again?

thanks so much!

Tina Crummett, CPC-I

I love Netter Atlas of Anatomy for CPT and ICD-9CM coding-Musculoskeletal. The AMA puts it out and I find this very helpful. It has wonderful illistrations and explains procudures really well. Also make sure you have an Easy Coder for Ortho, can't live without it. :)

Zoe

Code-x

Code X or the Global Service Data Guide both put out by the AAOS is my Bible! Code-X is pretty inexpensive for all you get. There are CPT/ICD9 cross references, searches by body part or phrase. Lots of cool stuff and not as expensive as you might think for a single user. Check it out on the AAOS website. Also, the Orthopaedic Coders Pink Sheet is good too. Editorial comment by Margie Scalley Vaught, ortho coder par excellence!! And you can get on their listserv if you subscribe.

Code-x

Code X or the Global Service Data Guide both put out by the AAOS is my Bible! Code-X is pretty inexpensive for all you get. There are CPT/ICD9 cross references, searches by body part or phrase. Lots of cool stuff and not as expensive as you might think for a single user. Check it out on the AAOS website. - Barbara