Wiki Looking for work while taking CPC online program

Best answers
My name is Jill Kazimore and I am currently a furloughed COTA/L at a SNF. I am looking for non-clinical work while I take the CPC online class through AAPC. I hope to keep my clinical work as a COTA/L but I could do prn if I find something that fits. I have experience in healthcare, ie: administrative assistant, unit clerk as well as transcription and clinical work as a COTA. I also can get around the computer, ie: word, excel, powerpoint-mostly basic. I am very motivated. I appreciate this thread and the networking that is available here.
Thank you,
Jill

Jill R. Kazimore
2681 Warner Road
Hinckley, Ohio 44233
Cell Phone (330) 635-2658
Kazimore@aol.com

OBJECTIVE
To secure a rewarding position where my personal integrity, diplomacy, and initiative will be fully utilized to deliver positive results.

PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
COTA/L
8/7/2013 – Present
Parkside Villa
7040 Hepburn Rd
Middleburg Hts, Ohio 44130

Skilled Nursing Facility

Implement individualized treatment programs according to the plan of care established by the supervising Occupational Therapist.
Modify treatment according to patient response.
Patient, family, staff, and caregiver education to improve safety and outcomes.
Document daily treatment in electronic medical record and hard file in accurate and timely manner.
Maintenance of exercise equipment and organization of therapy supplies.
Attend in-services and continuing education courses to maintain company compliance and licensure requirements.
Provide monthly training to new hires on transfer techniques: Hoyer, stand pivot one-person, two-person transfer, pivot disc, slideboard.
Educate new hires on therapeutic techniques/processes of therapy department and skilled services.
Collection and delivery of insurance paperwork to MDS nurse.

Level II Fieldwork:

3/11/2013 – 5/2/2013
Southwest General Health Center

18697 Bagley Road
Middleburg Hts, Ohio 44130

Inpatient and Outpatient, 8 weeks full-time, 313.75 hours

Hands on rehabilitation with caseload of 7-8 people in inpatient hospital setting.
Experience in MICU, CICU, SICU, outpatient Life Works seeing a variety of patients with physical dysfunctions caused by CVA, spine surgeries, orthopedic fractures/replacements (THR, TKR, humerus fx, radius and ulnar fx), cardiovascular incidents, shoulder subluxation, hemiparesis, deconditioning, and dementia.
Experience with BTE machine, fluidotherapy, moist heat packs.
Assisted in training on adapted equipment for joint replacement class and nursing orientation class for EZ Lift and EZ Stand.

1/14/2013 – 3/7/2013
Elizabeth Severance Prentiss Center at MetroHealth
525 Scranton Road
Cleveland, Ohio 44109

Long Term/Skilled Nursing Facility, 8 weeks full-time, 304 hours

Hands on rehabilitation with caseload of 8-9 people.
Experience with physical dysfunctions caused by CVA, TBI, orthopedic fractures/replacements (THR, TKR), cardiovascular incidents, deconditioning, expressive and receptive aphasia, apraxia, altered mental status, Afib, COPD, Brain mets, Lung CA, hemiparesis, shoulder subluxations.

PREVIOUS PROFESSIONAL EMPLOYEMENT

07/2010—07/2011
Office Manager Assistant
AbiliKids
330-225-4182-Office now closed/bought out by Cleveland Clinic
839 Pearl Road
Brunswick, Ohio 44212

Verify insurance, create chart information, obtain prescriptions for therapy from physician’s offices, schedule appointments, answer phones, accounts receivable, various other office duties.

12/2003 – 12/2010
Medical Transcriptionist
Medtran
Medina, Ohio 44256

Transcribe chart notes, letters, and H&Ps via the Internet and Start-Stop Universal Transcription System for Orthopaedics, Family Practice, and a nursing home.

6/2001-9/2002
Unit Clerk
Mt. Alverna Nursing Home
6765 State Road
Cleveland, Ohio 44134

Assist floor nurses, scheduling department, and DON with various clerical duties.

5/1995 - 5/2001

Alltel Communications/GTE Wireless
Call Center Bedford, Ohio 44146

6/2000-5/2001 Business Support Representative

• One of ten individuals picked to manage all activity for high profile accounts.
5/1995-6/2000 Financial Services Representative/Customer Service
  • Updated month end numbers in spreadsheets for supervisors, area managers, and the Director of Financial Services using Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
  • Lead contact to reconcile accounts in dispute and final determination for terminating accounts, liaison between corporate headquarters and call center for all inactive accounts.
  • One of three individuals selected to create training material for new billing system and train coworkers.
  • Responsible for answering questions on consumer’s accounts and reviewing best plan for their usage.

EDUCATION
4/1/2020-Current
AAPC Online course CPC training

08/2010 – 05/2013
Cuyahoga Community College

2900 Community College Ave
Cleveland, Ohio 44115

Associate of Applied Science: Occupational Therapist Assistant Technology

June 2013
Graduated Cum Laude with a GPA of 3.6
Courses taken: Medical terminology I, Anatomy and Physiology I and II, Intro to Chemistry, Intro to Occupational Therapy, Functional Anatomy, Techniques and Fundamentals of Developmental Disabilities, Therapeutic Use of Self, Techniques and Fundamentals of Mental Health, Techniques and Fundamentals of Psychosocial Dysfunctions, Occupational Therapy Issues.

Associate of Arts Degree

December 2010
Graduated Cum Laude with a GPA of 3.6

5/2001-5/2002

M-Tec (Medical Transcription Education Center)
3634 West Market Street, #104
Akron, Ohio 44333
Certificate of Completion for Medical Transcription

Medical Transcription, Terminology, Anatomy, and Physiology.

PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS

Certification COTA # 313055
Licensure # OTA.05465

PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS
The South Cuyahoga Sportsmen’s’ Association 2003 - Present
AAPC

PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT

Various CEUs online and in-person attendance

SKILLS
Team player, adaptable and reliable, self-starter, fast learner. Excellent communication skills. Rehab Optima, Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, Start-Stop Universal Transcription System, QuickBooks, Outlook.

References available upon request.