Wiki Looking to volunteer or shadowing a coder

BobbieLouis1

Contributor
Best answers
I am looking to to volunteer or shadow a medical coder. I live in San Angelo, Texas and been looking at getting more experience. If you know a place I can go to or someone that work as a coder from home please let me know.

Thank you

Bobbie

Hello,

Just like Bobbie, I too am interested in an internship opportunity. I am a CPC-A and the chance to gain knowledge and experience would be so appreciated. I am located in the Philadelphia area. I have contacted mostly hospital but any medical facility would be a place I would love to intern. Thank you and I am going to attach my resume for additional information.

Paige McSain

Attachments

• Paige McSain Resume.doc
    30.5 KB · Views: 8
Have either of you called around to local physician's offices and asked if they would allow you to come in and job shadow?

I have mostly been contacting larger facilites thinking that they would be more willing to have someone shadow them. However, I have gotten to the point where calling a smaller, local office won't hurt. Thanks for the advice!

I am looking to to volunteer or shadow a medical coder. I live in Orlando, Florida and been looking at getting more experience. If you know a place I can go to or someone that work as a coder from home please let me know. Thank you so much Praimmika