Wiki LOUM TENEN COVERING FOR OB PROVIDER

dc08121

New
Best answers
Good afternoon, I bill for an OB group that is owned by the hospital and it has 3 providers. One of the providers is out of the office and a Locum will be covering at the hospital for him. Normally if one of the 3 providers is covering and he performs a delivery for one of the other 2 providers I would bill the OB global package for the patients OB provider. If the Locum performs a delivery would I still bill the same?

Good afternoon, I bill for an OB group that is owned by the hospital and it has 3 providers. One of the providers is out of the office and a Locum will be covering at the hospital for him. Normally if one of the 3 providers is covering and he performs a delivery for one of the other 2 providers I would bill the OB global package for the patients OB provider. If the Locum performs a delivery would I still bill the same?
There have been several discussion threads on this topic in the last year. If you have a locum agreement you bill as you normally would for the attending as there is an agreement in place. Usually these agreements including verbiage to this effect, that the hiring practice, not the locum bills.

There have been several discussion threads on this topic in the last year. If you have a locum agreement you bill as you normally would for the attending as there is an agreement in place. Usually these agreements including verbiage to this effect, that the hiring practice, not the locum bills.
Thank you