Wiki Lymphoma in remission ICD-10 coding

Best answers
There are no ICD-10 code's for lymphoma in remission , ICD code range C81-C85 . The AHA coding guidance from 2018 states to use Z85.7X code's as personal history when the documentation does not state active treatment. There is also word of mouth guidance to code as an active illness regardless of any documentation of treatment and even if the cancer is 30 years in the past. I have been unable to locate official guidance referring to always code lymphoma's as active . Can anybody refer me to the guidance that dictates to always code lymphoma's as active? If the provider lists Lymphoma in the assessment with no other documentation, would you still code as C81-C85, depending on the illness documented?

Documentation of lymphoma in remission is still assigned to the appropriate code from categories 200 to 202. “Lymphoma patients who are in remission are still considered to have lymphoma and should be assigned the appropriate code from categories 200-202” (now C81-C96) (AHA Coding Clinic for ICD-9-CM, 1992, second quarter, page 3) I know this an old statement but I believe it is still the standard.