Wiki MACRA/MIPS Question

DFUGET

Networker
Best answers
I work for a small gastro practice and we have brought the billing in house. The company that was doing our billing is no longer in business. We now have to start everything from scratch since they did not give us the login and passwords to report.

My question is where would we find the list of quality measures for 2019? Any help is much appreciated! Thank you! :)

CMS just released their final rule for 2019 last week. It deals with the general information on MIPS but I have yet to see a specific list of Quality measures for 2019.

Tom Cheezum, O.D., CPC, COPC

Mips

Pls check out the qpp.cms.gov website.

They also have a helpline that is super helpful.

They have a resource library that is chockful of info.

However, in the interest of time, you may need to call the helpline, explain the situation and see how they can help you.

Meanwhile, I would be very upset with the billing company for not giving you user name/.password. That is just plain wrong.

You probably need to charge them for the possible penalty the practice may incur.

CMS released the final MIPS info yesterday. Go to the QPP site for the details.

Also, if you owe that billing company any money, I'd withhold final payment until they give you the user name and passwords you need.

Tom Cheezum, O.D., CPC, COPC

The quality measures for 2019 are available from the QPP website. It is not on that nice searchable interface like you have for 2018, but it's available as an excel spreadsheet and has the decile measures on it.

Go to
HTML:
https://qpp.cms.gov/about/resource-library
and scroll down until you see Full Resource Library. Set the Performance Year dropdown to 2019 and the Performance Category to Quality. The 3rd document, 2019 Quality Measure Benchmarks, is what you want.

Mips/macra

Hi There, I know I'm pretty late to this conversation, were you able to get a good understanding of MIPS/MACRA? I know of a great billing company that your office could utilize to do your billing. I'm sure they won't mind answering a few of your questions if your still struggling with the MIPS/MACRA updates. My office is currently utilizing their services and the system that they use is very transparent and has the MIPS/MACRA updates preloaded. If you would like the information you can email me at dwilliams.rmrs@gmail.com.