Wiki mallet finger, second request

NEOSM507

Best answers
Hi, sorry for the repeat question, but my initial request for help on this in June yielded no responses!

I am getting frequent denials for closed treatment of mallet finger (26432) when performed in an office setting. I am unable to find a source that states it must be performed in a hospital setting. Aetna cited CMS guidelines, but I am still unable to come up with any policy on it. If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.

Thank you!

Hi, sorry for the repeat question, but my initial request for help on this in June yielded no responses!

I am getting frequent denials for closed treatment of mallet finger (26432) when performed in an office setting. I am unable to find a source that states it must be performed in a hospital setting. Aetna cited CMS guidelines, but I am still unable to come up with any policy on it. If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.

Thank you!

Did you apply a modifier to indicate the specified finger?

I believe you can check the MFSDB and under the column marked NON FAC NA INDICATOR it will tell you if the procedure can be billed in office. I have been using this and so far it has been correct. If there is an NA in the column, you can only bill in a facility.