Wiki Manifestation codes

Best answers
I wanted to clarify something... for a diagnosis such as Alzheimer’s dementia, G30.9 it directs you to use an additional code to identify whether it’s with behavioral disturbance or not. Does the provider specifically need to state if there is behavioral disturbance or not? If nothing is documented, is it okay to use the code for without behavioral disturbance? Or would I use G30.9 only? I appreciate any input.

Yes, the F02.80 (w/o behavior disturbance) would be used if the provider only documents Alzheimer's dementia since that is the default code listed. However, if you are in a position to query the provider and confirm, that'd be best practice.

Yes, the F02.80 (w/o behavior disturbance) would be used if the provider only documents Alzheimer's dementia since that is the default code listed. However, if you are in a position to query the provider and confirm, that'd be best practice.
Great, thanks. I wasn’t sure if the provider needed to specifically state that there wasn’t any behavioral disturbance or not. So basically, any code in the alpha index in brackets should always be applied even if the provider didn’t specifically state the condition on their note?

Great, thanks. I wasn’t sure if the provider needed to specifically state that there wasn’t any behavioral disturbance or not. So basically, any code in the alpha index in brackets should always be applied even if the provider didn’t specifically state the condition on their note?
I would refer to the code for confirmation on that, such as the Tip listed under the G30 Alzheimer's section, before automatically adding the bracketed code.