Wiki MDM - Reviewed Data

tristate

Best answers
If a doctor reviews an echocardiogram from 2004 would that would count as 1 point for review of test in medicine section, not 2 points for review of old records, right?

Thank You
Debby

If a doctor reviews an echocardiogram from 2004 would that would count as 1 point for review of test in medicine section, not 2 points for review of old records, right?

Thank You
Debby

Did the provider document the specific findings of the echo from 2004? If so, I would give it 1 point for review of medicine test. A simple, 'EKG reviewed' notation doesn't meet the requirement.

Review of old records, for example, would be used if say the patient moved to another state and the brought their medical records.

Reviewing the actual test or the report?

If he's actually reviewing the test results (and summarizing his findings) then I'd give 2 data point for independent visualization.

If he's reviewing the the report of an echo then I'd give him 1 point for reviewing the test.

If he's reviewing not only this old echo, but other patient records from that time period, I'd give him 2 points for the old records review ... as long as s/he also summarized what s/he found.

F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC