Wiki MDM data calculations

mafoltz

New
Best answers
I am getting conflicting information about calculations on MDM data points for lab and radiology. Is it double dipping adding 1 point for order/review and 2 points for independent interruption of the report same day?

I don’t think it would be considered double dipping. Are you doing MDM for offfice? If so, if they have done the interpretation from the test performed by someone and have not reported it separately with a code(radiology with mod 26), you would meet moderate data category with just that. I believe they updated the guidelines for laboratory, where even if a code is reported for it, it can still be counted towards MDM.

Last edited:
So really, you wouldn’t even need to count it towards the order/review to meet the moderate data category since with the interpretation would already meet one category in moderate and that’s all you need but again he cant report it separately in order to count it Toward MDM. Counting it toward order and interpretation would work but not review and interpretation. This also all pretains to the office visits not the old guidelines for ER or consultation codes.

also, I found this link not sure if it’ll help but it has some too examples.

Last edited: