Wiki Meaningful use question

LadyT

Networker
Best answers
Can anyone give me information about reporting PQRS? I have went to the CMS website however I can not seem to find a direct answer, does the physicians office have to report HCPCS codes to Medicare for PQRS or just keep a "log"? This is a issue in the office as in the past they only kept a "log" of patients and what measure they used and then reported this to our academy of dermatology. I am new to this so any guidance with PQRS would be most appreciated!

The answer will depend on which method you will use to report. Since the PQRS program technically ended in 2016, I'm assuming you're asking about reporting for 2016 measures. If the practice has not been reporting HCPCS codes on claims throughout 2016, registry reporting is probably the next best option (and based on what you said in your question, it sounds like that's the way they did it in the past). IF that is the case, then your practice has been compiling the data throughout the year internally, and now just needs to submit it to a registry--which your specialty society may have.

Here is the main 2016 PQRS page, which should help. Feel free to ask more questions; we've been participating for a few years now, so I've become fairly familiar with most of the program.

https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Qualit...ment-Instruments/PQRS/How_To_Get_Started.html

HTH!