Wiki Medicaid and Immunization Admin Codes


Best answers
Can someone clarify some information

We were told that billing state vaccine administration codes to Medicaid for under 18 years of age we could only use 90460,90461. And for every other insurance (not state vaccine) to use 90741,90742.

Ex: A 20 year old comes in and get's a state vaccine, what code should we use to bill for the administration.

Thank you!!
90471- Because she is older then 18. If a patient is 18 or under you have 2 options for an admin code. 90460-1 is used when you provide counseling for the vaccine (per component). If you do not provide couseling then you would use the 90471-2 series.