Wiki Medicaid Claims and NDC's !!!!!

DWILHELM

New
Best answers
As I'm sure lots of you would agree, Medicaid is pretty inconsistent with processing those HCPCS that require the NDC on the claim. I guess I just would like to hear how a few others are submitting these when billing out to Medicaid. Specificially, codes J0152, J2785 and J1250.

What exactly is your narrative on the claim for the NDC? What about a Title XVIII?

Thanks so much!

Check your Medicaid website. North Carolina wants very specific info in the narrative field. Example, electronically they want the NDC number 3 blank spaces then ML and how many MLs. If paper, they want N4 followed immediately by the NDC # then 3 blank spaces and ML and how many MLs.

Thanks jreavis - I do bill according to Virginia Medicaid guidelines on this, but they inevitably deny a majority of them to "missing/invalid NDC" - I really feel it's Medicaid dragging their feet so I was just wondering about an effective way to address/appeal this after, let's say, the third denial.

I appreciate you responding - if you've ever had to appeal after several denials and you know you were compliant with their way in which to file it, let me know what worked

Thanks