Wiki Medicaid Provider Numbers

ssavage

New
Best answers
Good morning All,
Does anyone know of a website that contains Medicaid Provider Numbers for referring physicians in the state of Indiana?
Thanks
Susie
IIMC

I think she may be talking about the REF # that is needed to obtain a referral. I am not sure where to find that number either, I was looking for the same thing yesterday but I need the REF #'s in Georgia. If anyone knows where I can find the REF #'s for Georgia Medicaid providers, please let me know.

Thanks,
N.W., CPC, CPC-P

I am not sure if it is different in GA but for AL the ref # is the referring doctor's Medicaid provider number Not NPI or UPIN but their actual Medicaid provider #), and to my understanding you have to get it from the referring doctor. I know Medicare we are part of the same carrier but Medicaid I dont know if the same policies etc apply.

I think she may be talking about the REF # that is needed to obtain a referral. I am not sure where to find that number either, I was looking for the same thing yesterday but I need the REF #'s in Georgia. If anyone knows where I can find the REF #'s for Georgia Medicaid providers, please let me know.

Thanks,
N.W., CPC, CPC-P

In the state of PA we still have to get the referring doctor's 13 digit MA number in order for our claims to be paid. The only place I know that you can get those from is the referring doctor. To my knowledge there is no website where you can get this information.

Yes that is what my question was, many times you cannot get through to the PCP office, and I was wondering if there was a centeral location to find these numbers.
Thanks to all the responses:

Try the NPI Registry

We mostly see patients on a referral basis and have the same problem. Use the NPI Registry site at www.nppes.cms.hhs.gov. Go to search NPI registry then click on individual provider. In the search boxes that provides you can put in as little as the doctor's name or fill in all the boxes and hit search. It will bring up a list of doctors with that name along with their address and registered specialty. Click on the one you want and it will list the doctor's name, address, npi #, etc. If you scroll down the page, most doctors will also have listed their previous numbers including UPIN and Medicaid. Also a great way to get those pesky taxonomy codes. I use this method alot! Hope it helps!

Jennifer, CPC