Wiki Medicaid sterilization consent form

kathleenl

Best answers
Good morning,

We have been instructing our OB/GYN's to complete the "Physicians statement" on this form to include the "Instructions for Use of alternative final paragraphs". I have one MD that consistently does complete that area, which results in denials. I have explained to her that she needs to complete this area also, but she states that it is for emergency situations only. Then there is also the question of why does it need to be completed if is an "Alternative final paragraph"?

I have read the instructions for this form and it truly offers no explanations.

Does anyone have any experience with these forms or have a good suggestion on how to clarify this for the physician / insurance company rejections?

Thank you very much for your help.

-Kathleen

I'm sorry but I'm confused by your question. Your physician is filling out the physician statement and you're getting denials specifically related to that. You should be getting letters from Medicaid explaining why your consent form was denied. If you are not getting the statements in the mail you can also put them up on your medicaid website and view the denial letter. It will tell you why it was denied and if the field is correctable to resubmit. Hope this helps.

I have learned that medicaid is very picky when it comes to these forms. Under normal circumstances (30 days after consent signed) you would cross out paragraph 2 and then the physican would sign and date on the day it was performed. If it is an emergency surgery or the patient delivered early, then you would cross out paragraph 1 and check the box that applies and put in the expected delivery date if premature or check emergency abdominal surgery and then describe the circumstances in the box below. If the paragraph 1 or 2 is not crossed out they will deny it.

Misty CPC, CMBS