Wiki Medical billing/coding consultant...

I have learned that it depends on the area you live in! Large city was making $25 hourly (started at $20 and worked my way up), moved to a small town and only making $13.50. Hope this helps.

Hai any one can advise me is there any opportunity to get medical coding job in us
as I am in india and I have 6 years of experience in medical coding.

Hello everyone, my name is Darrell and I have been a member since 2017, I just past the exam and have the apprentice label, excited but kind of loss. As you know, it’s kind of challenging to get hired because of the, “ no experience “ label that’s placed upon an individual who started a new career. I would really appreciate any advice pertaining to what I should do next, I’m about to take the coarse AAPC offers to take a year off the two year apprentice status . Should I aim a little lower and apply for a medical clerk, receptionist? Any response would be greatly appreciated ,thank you very much and have a nice day.

Hi Darrell,

I believe the AAPC has an apprenticeship program you can check into. I would reach out and inquire about that program to gain experience.

Hello everyone, my name is Darrell and I have been a member since 2017, I just past the exam and have the apprentice label, excited but kind of loss. As you know, it’s kind of challenging to get hired because of the, “ no experience “ label that’s placed upon an individual who started a new career. I would really appreciate any advice pertaining to what I should do next, I’m about to take the coarse AAPC offers to take a year off the two year apprentice status . Should I aim a little lower and apply for a medical clerk, receptionist? Any response would be greatly appreciated ,thank you very much and have a nice day.
Hey Darrell,
I started as a receptionist then worked my way up to biller/coder in a large practice. It gave me time to get use to seeing how the coding knowledge works in the real world and I meet a lot of great people who were willing to teach me things and keep me in mind when job postings became available. I hope this helps. :)

Thanks
Amy