Wiki Medical Billing Software

haraml7

Guru
Best answers
I am trying to start my own medical billing company and I would like some advice on a good medical billing software. I will really only work on aging, billing out claims and working denials.

My goal right now Is a few clients to get me started so I do not need something extremely expensive and fancy.

Thank you for your help

I am trying to start my own medical billing company and I would like some advice on a good medical billing software. I will really only work on aging, billing out claims and working denials.

My goal right now Is a few clients to get me started so I do not need something extremely expensive and fancy.

Thank you for your help

Check out Office Ally, they are a free clearinghouse and also offers free Practice Management as well. This could help you with cost until you've established your company. Hope this helps!

https://www.officeally.com/

Another one is Practice Fusion, I am not exactly sure how they work. Contact them for more information

There are several decent, user friendly billing software options available however I would NEVER use/purchase a software company that also does billing. This is a huge red flag because they can easily sell their service to your client(s). Always seek software that DOES not bill. Meditouch is reasonably priced. I am using Athena for a client but I do not know if they also offer billing services. They do however work claims that are flagged as continuously being denied by certain payors to identify and rectify their software

Software

I personally like Medisoft, I have used it for years and it is very economical. The software is on you machine so no monthly fees. The companies that sell it also offer training and support. They can make it do about anything. It is ICD-10 ready and works great. I use it for my billing service plus I have put numerous practices on it.

New Billing Service

Just wondering how you have moved forward. I too am looking at starting my own billing service for Mental Health and would be interested in what you have chosen and any input on your process.