Wiki Medical Coder/Biller position

Chenuk

Best answers
Hello.

My name is Cheryl Turner and I will soon be a graduate from the Allen School of
Health Science on March 7, 2014, maintaining Honor Roll status throughout the course of training. I have extensive training in Medical Coding and Billing, proficient in ICD-9. ICD-10, HCPCS, CPT, SimChart, and Medtrak. Studies of the HIPPA Laws, Code of Ethics and Professionalism has also been implemented.

I am currently seeking a position in a healthcare facility as a medical coder and biller, using my skills to enhance the facilities ever growing community of healthcare professionals, always keeping the patient in mind, treating them with the utmost respect, protecting their privacy.

Cheryl D. Turner
123 Main Street | Brooklyn, New York 11207 | 347 258 3583| raevinski@gmail.com

EDUCATION:
ALLEN SCHOOL, Phoenix AZ Graduation: 3/2014
Medical Insurance Billing & Coding, Certificate, GPA 3.99

ALLEN SCHOOL OF HEALTH SCIENCE, BROOKLYN, NY Attendance: 6/2014-3/2014

Medical Insurance Billing & Coding, Certificate, GPA 3.99

QUALIFICATIONS
Health Information Management Interpersonal Communications for Health Professionals
Medical Terminology Filing Systems Management
Knowledge of ICD-9, CPT, HCPCS Medisoft version 14 software
HIPPA Law Education Medical Law and Ethics

ACTIVITIES & AWARDS:
Award: Allen School Platinum Honor Roll GPA 4.0
Award: Allen School Gold Honor Roll GPA 3.99
Chef demonstrator at P.S. 260 for healthy cooking, for the Cornell Hospital program.
Award: Certificate from Cornell Healthy Eating Program 9/2011
Activity: Caterer of P.S. 260 graduation Ceremony 6/2012
Award: Employee of the Month 10/2005
Activity: Created Training Manual for Money Transfer Division (Chase Manhattan Bank) 1/1990
Award: Idea Cash Bank Award 1/1990
Award: Courteous Cashier 12/1986
Award: Courteous Salesperson 1/1984

EXPERIENCE:
TASTE OF A DREAM, LLC Brooklyn, NY 11207 4/2004-9/2012
Owner/Chef Restaurant Soul Infusion
? Caterer of various events of neighborhood public school, weddings, parties.
? Created low fat healthy foods and desserts and allergy sensitive foods
? Buying and ordering of supplies, inventory
? Prep, cooking, packaging, delivery
? Customer service
? Cashier
? Accountant/Bookkeeper

BED BATH & BEYOND Manhattan, NY 10/05-5/07
Floor Salesperson All Departments
? Demonstrator of various products on sales floor. Example: housewares, vacuums, candles, etc.
? Care taker of various rooms, up keep, organization of products on shelves and cleaning.
? Visual display of the Art department, in charge of wall display, shelves and racks. Sales where low, after 2 weeks of organizing, for a better customer view, sales exceeded the other departments in one month.
? Customer service, walked and talked with customers listening to their needs and wants. Helping choose the best product for his/her needs.
? Overnight volunteer of yearly inventory count for all stores in each borough.

SELECTIVE STAFFING Manhattan, NY
Data Entry Clerk Lock Box Division JP Morgan/Chase Manhattan Bank 10/01-8/03
? Inputting payments by customers for parking violations for the Department of Motor Vehicles
? Entering Chase Manhattan Bank and their subsidiary companies yearly tax statements
? Totaling and balancing statements, checking for mathematical errors and doing the corrections by computerized accounting.

SKILLS & LANGUAGE
Primary Language English 100%

? Organization- the strongest asset. Getting the hardest task done first and early in the day, is a priority, finding out what can be eliminated first to meet a dead line, followed by the medium task to get done, then wind down the day with the easiest, leaving the job with less stress. Keeping paper work in an orderly fashion, one side for out the other side for in. Work area must be clean at all times and organized.
? Multitasking- handling different work tasks without losing focus on either one, during the high priority one first. Meeting deadlines on time.
? Trainer-to learn every aspect of the job to be proficient, in order to teach others to do their jobs the correct way, to be more productive. This will make for an overall efficient company to succeed in the long run. Productive workers increase revenue.
? Team Player-Even though I like to take the lead, delegating a team of coworkers into a productive state, making sure that all work is done meeting the deadline of getting the work out on time. Expediting my help wherever needed.
? Proficient in A/P and A/R, Data Entry (8000 key strokes), ICD-9, ICD-10, CPT, Medtrak, Simchart, CMS 1500, and EOB.
? Excellent Customer service. I love meeting and talking with people with no problem, listening and giving my undivided attention, offering help when it is needed.

Last edited: