Wiki Medical coder II CPC, CCA-looking for permanent remote full time position

tanyaf

New
Best answers
140 Fanning Five RD 803-290-7142
Orangeburg SC 29115 fanningfive@aol.com

Tanya Fanning CPC, CCA
OBJECTIVE:
I have several years experience in Acute Care Medical Coding/Billing. I code outpatient physician charges. I am looking for permanent employment in an office/hospital environment onsite or remote. I absolutely love coding and look forward to hearing from your company.

EDUCATION:
3/09-7/10 Trident Technical College Charleston SC Coding/Billing Certificate
2008 Orangeburg Technical College Orangeburg SC CPT 170 and Business Math
1989 Blackville Hilda High School Blackville, SC High School Diploma

PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:

5/2013-Current Regional Medical Center Orangeburg SC

Medical Coder II

I code inpatient/outpatient physician charges for the Cardiology Department, including all observation, discharge, H&P's, subsequent hospital visits as well as outpatient office visits. I also code Cardiac Catheterizations, Pacemaker implantation and replacements, EEG?s, pacemaker checks remote and onsite, EKG?s, Echo?s, StressTests, Holter Monitors. I check the scrubber daily and handle Medicare denials. I work with the following Ingenix, 3M, Cerner, Excel, etc. Continue my education with Webniar's, AAPC meetings, Seminars, etc. Daily update discrepancy lists and keep in close contact with the office managers to get the necessary information.

11/2011-5/2013 Edisto Regional Health Services Orangeburg SC

Medical Coder 1
I have coded for the Mabry Cancer Center/Cardiology Dept/Wound Center and a family practice. I pick up records at the hospital and scan it in the system. I work in Cerner/PWPM to enter charges. I check Revenue Manager daily to check charges. I have pulled medical records to give to the posters and trackers. For the Cancer Center and Wound Center I coded office visits and inpatient charges. For Cardiology I coded EKG?s, EEG?s, Echo?s, stress tests and Holter Monitors.

Accreditations Certified Professional Coder (AAPC), Certified Coding Associate (AHIMA), Notary Public. AAPC Member Development Officer 2013.
References Kelley Hill 803-543-1758
Connie Dunbar 803-860-3451
Brandy Williams 803-347-4193
Lyn Blanchard 803-682-3687