Wiki Medical coding and EPIC emr

LAT93

Contributor
Best answers
Hello, I was hoping to get thoughts and more information from anyone who has/is working with EPIC as a medical coder. Our practice will be making the jump next year and I have not been able to find anything on how that process works. I have worked with EPIC as front desk and authorization before. But I am curious as to how the set up is for medical coders.

I would appreciate any help or guidance that anyone can provide!

I've worked in different EMRs, but Epic is my favorite. It is a large program, and any initial training time and resources you can get will be well worth it. However, it is a great program once you get the navigation down.

I've worked in different EMRs, but Epic is my favorite. It is a large program, and any initial training time and resources you can get will be well worth it. However, it is a great program once you get the navigation down.
What coding training was offered from Epic? My employer recently made switch to Epic and training was more billing based, no mention of coding training/workflow. I also have worked in Epic previously as registrar.