Wiki Medical Coding Chart Fees?

Good ? I have looked around some and the price varies quite a lot, my advise would be to contact the state that your in to see if there is a regulartory charge for the records. Since theres so much of a variance in price. I will look forward to seeing more suggestions.

Anytime I'm choosing fees related to external review, I consider a number of options:

1.) The source: A single-physician practice is probably less willing to pay me what a law firm might.

2.) Deadlines: If I have X amount of days/weeks/hours to review, that is going to dictate the charge I request. My time is valuable.

3.) Type of review: If I'm reviewing an inpatient, two-month hospital stay for Pro fee and DRG, etc, I'm obviously going to charge more per chart than I would for 10 Family Practice encounters.

4.) How much work is involved for you? I don't like flat rates and I don't like the cookie-cutter idea (for myself, at least) of charging the same thing to every client. Each one may have specific targets, budgets and involvement in the process. I try my best to be fair to both parties (myself and them) and really think critically, rather than with my pocketbook.

Just a few thoughts and suggestions. Nothing specific, I'm aware, but hopefully it'll help you create a framework for your own decision.

Good luck.

Anytime I'm choosing fees related to external review, I consider a number of options:

1.) The source: A single-physician practice is probably less willing to pay me what a law firm might.

2.) Deadlines: If I have X amount of days/weeks/hours to review, that is going to dictate the charge I request. My time is valuable.

3.) Type of review: If I'm reviewing an inpatient, two-month hospital stay for Pro fee and DRG, etc, I'm obviously going to charge more per chart than I would for 10 Family Practice encounters.

4.) How much work is involved for you? I don't like flat rates and I don't like the cookie-cutter idea (for myself, at least) of charging the same thing to every client. Each one may have specific targets, budgets and involvement in the process. I try my best to be fair to both parties (myself and them) and really think critically, rather than with my pocketbook.

Just a few thoughts and suggestions. Nothing specific, I'm aware, but hopefully it'll help you create a framework for your own decision.

Good luck.
Thanks so much for your feedback. We have several different scenarios to look at such as coding from an encounter form or coding from a chart both from an inpatient and outpatient perspective.