• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • We're introducing new features and a new look to make the forums easier to use and more valuable to you. See what's new and let us know what you think!

Medical Providers are required to provide itemized bills with CPT/HCPS?

Best answers
Do you know whether the Medical Providers are required to provide itemized bills with CPT/HCPS? If so, is there rule or regulation?

Best answers
I believe it is regulated by state health law. Some states have no requirement, and others states have regulations that a health care provider must supply one upon request. I see no reason why any medical office would have an issue with providing an itemized bill. Even the handful of offices still using paper charts would use some type of computerized billing system to submit charges to insurance. I've never seen a billing system that couldn't provide an itemized patient bill.