Wiki medical records law

ajanak

Best answers
Help. I need to know the regulations for what needs to be signed off in a patients record. Specifically labs done for another provider. My providers are not acting on these labs we fax them to the ordering provider. The problem is I feel they still need to be initialed by our providers, but they feel it is making them accountable for the results, Which of us is correct? I am in Texas BTW, laws may be different state to state. Thanks for your time and help.

I dont have an exact answer for you but here is where I woudl look and have for PA & NJ.

I would research Texas state code as that is where the hard regulations reside on this topic. Searching state code is time consuming but I assure you, their in there.

You can also query your state medical society. Most doctors are members so they will speak to a member's staff and assist. Many now have entire departments dedicated to helping their member physician's staff. They have a wealth of information on these types of questions.

You can also query your physicians specialty board i.e.; the american academy of family practitioners or the american academy of orthopaedic surgeons etc etc. i'm not sure what specialty you are.

Good Luck!

I dont have an exact answer for you but here is where I woudl look and have for PA & NJ.

I would research Texas state code as that is where the hard regulations reside on this topic. Searching state code is time consuming but I assure you, they're in there.

You can also query your state medical society. Most doctors are members so they will speak to a member's staff and assist. Many now have entire departments dedicated to helping their member physician's staff. They have a wealth of information on these types of questions.

You can also query your physicians specialty board i.e.; the american academy of family practitioners or the american academy of orthopaedic surgeons etc etc. i'm not sure what specialty you are.

Good Luck!

Thanks for the info, all of those were places I hadn't thought of searching. I went to a boot camp several years ago about Texas Medical records law, but I'm sure some of the rules have changed since then.