Wiki Medical records

The only code I can think of would be 99080 (special reports), but not sure that fits either, maybe 99199 (unlisted special service, procedure, or report)? What are the records for? If it's just supporting documentation for a bill I wouldn't think you could bill for that, since you should be sending supporting docs anyway. But if the records are for something else, then maybe you could charge for it?

As per the request of patients for their medical records. I am not billing the insurance company but I am billing the patient per their request of their medical records.

medical records

there are 2 codes for medical records in hcpcs - S9981 medical rec copying fee, administration and S9982 copying fee, per page
Not sure if this is what you were asking

Instead of on a claim..

As per the request of patients for their medical records. I am not billing the insurance company but I am billing the patient per their request of their medical records.

most places will send a direct bill to the patient based on the allowed charges by state law instead of submitting a claim to a payer.

Thank you Lance as well. You are correct but the system I am working on will not create the charges unless I place a code the system. Thank you so much everyone. All of your post were/are helpful.