Wiki Medicare Annual Wellness visit and a separate E/M service

Best answers
I have a question does the Medicare Annual Wellness visit include the provider discussing and treating a patient's chronic conditions or can you bill a separate E/M without the condition being a new problem or exacerbated?

I have a question does the Medicare Annual Wellness visit include the provider discussing and treating a patient's chronic conditions or can you bill a separate E/M without the condition being a new problem or exacerbated?
They are separate. The AWE has specific requirements and documentation. If you are going to do both you must be able to pull both visits out of the documentation. Currently in my practice when a patient comes in for their chronic condition follow, they see their PCP then the also see our nurse practitioner that has been dedicated to doing the AWE. There are 2 separate notes in the patient's chart.

They are separate. The AWE has specific requirements and documentation. If you are going to do both you must be able to pull both visits out of the documentation. Currently in my practice when a patient comes in for their chronic condition follow, they see their PCP then the also see our nurse practitioner that has been dedicated to doing the AWE. There are 2 separate notes in the patient's chart.
Thank you so much that is what I thought; it is definitely easier if there are two separate notes however with the new coding guidelines it is easier to pull MDM for the chronic conditions. I appreciate you taking the time to help me with this.