Wiki Medicare - Can anyone help

sus008

Best answers
Can anyone help me with CO-237? I seem to be getting this all of a sudden on 99212, 99213, 99214

I would call Medicare or check the website. If the denial is unclear, always call. Never hurts and you could find out in one shot the reason for denial and what you need to do to correct it.

I think that is the reason code to describe that the 1% penalty for not making the e-prescribe quota (in 2011) being deducted from 2012 reimbursement.

Cardiocoder is correct. The physician needed to submit the appropriate E-prescribe reporting code at least 10 times during the first 6 months of 2011. If this wasn't done the physician needed to provide Medicare with required hardship information to show why they should not be penalized.

There is nothing you can do for the penalty you receive this year. To avoid the penalty for next year make sure the physician is reporting the required amount of E prescribe reporting codes during the first 6 months of 2012. I believe the penalty amount goes up each year to encourage everybody to use E-prescribe. I hope this information helps! Good luck :)

Sharon

Here is the Medicare link for additional information

http://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Quality...ssessment-Instruments/ERxIncentive/index.html

Last edited:
CO 237 still appearing in 2015

I'm also seeing the same code, CO 237. We are a multi-provider office, each person bills under themselves, so why would a therapist be penalized for not using e-prescribe when they don't prescribe medications?

We now are down to one provider that prescribes, he works one day a week, and I believe he does use e-prescribe, however please correct me if I'm mistaken, there are some schedule drugs that cannot be e-prescribed right? :confused: