Wiki Medicare code for "squeezing" a Medicare patient into an already busy schedule

Best answers
Medicare code for "squeezing" a Medicare patient into an already busy schedule

Hello all,

I have a kinda off question:

My Provider seems to think that there is a code out there, to be billed to Medicare, for "fitting/squeezing" a Medicare patient into an already full schedule (ie: double booking, staying later). I have searched and searched, but have not found anything?

Please advise.

Thank you in advance.

LOL. Wishful thinking on his/her part.

It's part of doing business

There is a code for providing services outside of normal business hours, but doesn't pay anything as it's bundled into other services

99050 - Services provided in the office at times other than regularly scheduled office hours, or days when the office is normally closed (eg, holidays, Saturday or Sunday), in addition to basic service
99051 - Service(s) provided in the office during regularly scheduled evening, weekend, or holiday office hours, in addition to basic service

I read about this subject recently after an article was published about under utilized codes. There is a code that can be used for seeing a patient that is not on the schedule, however, the rules for billing are very strict.

Let your physician know it's more of an emergency basis, so for example, a walk in. AND the provider has to be pulled from the room they are currently in to see the emergency patient.

I've done my research...no such code exists for squeezing in a patient when you have a full schedule. We'd be using it ourselves if it did, no doubt! We are a PCP office and have add-ons everyday. Hope this helps!