• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten the password it can be reset on our sign in section by entering your registered Email Address or Username here. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..

Medicare Mammogram Diagnosis Z12.31 or Z12.39

Yathink67

Networker
Messages
52
Location
Lockport, NY
I just received a notice that the diagnosis we used for a routine annual mammogram Z12.31 is not billable under Medicare. What diagnosis code should be used?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The hospital we sent our patient to sent us a notice that the Mammo diagnostic was ordered, not mammo screening and asked that we provide a different code. However both of those codes are for screening, so I am slightly confused. Thank you for any input you may have.
 
Yes, they said it was a diagnostic code not screening, so question now is Z12.3? That is the code I sent back to them, so hoping I did this right, thanks for your help
 
Top