Wiki Medicare payments/EOB change of address


Best answers
How does our office notify Medicare to change the billing address from our lockbox to our clinics physical address. Our current billing people say there is a form from CMS to start this process because you don't want to close the lockbox before payments are going to the new address as Medicare wont forward or resend. Any thoughts?
You need to fill out form 855. There are different 855 forms so pick out the one that works best for your situation (ex. 855B is for group practices). The form can be filled out directly from the CMS website and you check off that you have an address change and it will tell you specifically what parts of the form need to be filled out. Hope that is helpful to you:)