Wiki Medicare Reimbursement for NTAP (New Technology Add-on Payment)

athompson2

Best answers
I'm seeking someone with experience billing an NTAP (a New Technology Add-on Payment) for a Fee-for-service Medicare inpatient procedure.
How is the NTAP reimbursed by a Medicare Administrative Contractor, please -- is it a lump-sum payment, one time per ICD-10-PCS code?

Thank you

I'm seeking someone with experience billing an NTAP (a New Technology Add-on Payment) for a Fee-for-service Medicare inpatient procedure.
How is the NTAP reimbursed by a Medicare Administrative Contractor, please -- is it a lump-sum payment, one time per ICD-10-PCS code?

Thank you

Hello,
Are you looking for information for NTAP in regards to reimbursement when using the UB form? I'm familiar with the facility reimbursement side - NTAP is reimbursed as an add-on payment based on the ICD10 PCS listed on the claim, total charges billed, facility's cost to charge ratio, etc. The MAC will reimburse the additional NT payment plus the DRG rate for the claim. Accessing the CMS PC Pricers can be helpful to determine/validate expected reimbursement.