Wiki Medicare Status C CPT Codes - Questions

Codem

Contributor
Best answers
Anyone out there have experience with C-Status codes? My questions: How are these codes priced? How do I price these (for my practice) new 2020 C-Status codes without knowing the reimbursement up front? Are these codes typically rejected when first billed? How do NON-Medicare payers react to these new codes?
Codes I am dealing with : 95700, 95705 – 95716 I am in Jurisdiction E (NEVADA) Thank you!

How do you set your non-medicare fees for your practice? I would set the fee based on the practice costs and making a reasonable return on investment. Then you have to see how your carrier and non-medicare payers price the claims (do they pay your full fee, then you have too low a fee) or do they allow less than your fee and if they do, is it enough to cover your costs so that the practice is not losing money when delivering the service. Unfortunately, in this case, it is a little bit of a guessing game, but there should be intellegence in how you set your fee, based on your costs, variable and fixed, allocated as best as you can, to the service.