Wiki Medicare Telehealth Billing

SueLis

Networker
Best answers
We are doing telehealth visits in our office due to covid 19 and billing office visits w/pos 11 and mod 95 per insurance carrier guidelines. We had a new Medicare pt that was unable to connect w/video so a telephone only visit was done and time documented. The telephone codes all state for established pt and she was new to our practice. Does anyone know of a code that can be used for this visit????

From my understanding, you would still use the approved telehealth codes for telephone only services. Then once the patient is seen in the office by the provider, you would bill a new patient code because that is the first time the provider is seeing the patient.

Hi There
The series of codes for tele health for Medicare patients are G series. G0406, G0407, G0408 follow up Inpt calls) so check out G0425-G0427 and check out G2061 to G2063 in the HCPCS manual. Also your licensed and QHRP unlicensed clinical providers should document discussion and chronic pt. complaints. Also the must how many minutes talk to patient in the medical record documentation. We use the dx selected by providers and then the ending dx Z71.89 encounter. We have been told 30 minutes is max time for telehealth visits (audio and phone). I hope this helps, but keep in mind Medicare provider should be credentialed too.
I hope his helps....you can always Google it too.

Lady T:cool: