Wiki Medicare Time Sheet for GYN Surgeries

kstine713

Networker
Best answers
Hello,

I recently attended Healthcon 2019, and I attended Brad Hart's track on "Current Events & Controversies in OB/GYN Coding." Brad mentioned that Medicare has a timesheet that states the typical time for GYN surgeries. This helps to determine if your work is above & beyond what is "normal" and whether a 22 modifier should be added. I have not been able to find this timesheet on CMS or by google search. Does anyone know where this is located?

Thank you!
Kaytie

Hello,

Follow these directions to download the Physician Time File.

As part of each year’s Medicare Physician Fee Schedule (MPFS) Final Rule, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) makes available a “Work Time” Excel file to provide important information about median time values for all procedures listed in the CPT® codebook, as well as the types of E/M services expected to be encountered in the pre- and post-operative periods of a procedure. To gain access to this file:

1. Visit: https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Medica...eral-Regulation-Notices-Items/CMS-1693-F.html
  2. Click on the file: CY 2019 PFS Final Rule Physician Time (Updated 12/6/18) [ZIP, 646KB] and follow the prompts that allow you to download the file.
I hope this helps,