Wiki Membership Fees paid for by Employer

Best answers
I have a question, if my job offers to pay my annual membership fee and I decide to leave can they cancel my membership? I obtained my membership prior to working for this company and I'm continuously working hard to keep it up to par. My boss asked for my number to add it under their group so it would come out of the company membership. I really don't want to lose something I worked hard for if I decide to leave in the future. Thanks in advance.

I have a question, if my job offers to pay my annual membership fee and I decide to leave can they cancel my membership? I obtained my membership prior to working for this company and I'm continuously working hard to keep it up to par. My boss asked for my number to add it under their group so it would come out of the company membership. I really don't want to lose something I worked hard for if I decide to leave in the future. Thanks in advance.
If it’s a corporate membership arrangement, those are usually paid monthly rather than yearly. If you leave the company, they will notify AAPC that you are no longer on the corporate membership and after that, AAPC will usually contact you to arrange payment for the prorated membership fee to cover any remaining months until your next renewal date.

no if you leave it will not cancel your membership you would be paid for that year. What happens is the following year you would pay the higher rate if not in a company group plan.

no if you leave it will not cancel your membership you would be paid for that year. What happens is the following year you would pay the higher rate if not in a company group plan.

I would add, that you might want to check your company policies or talk to HR (but if you are thinking about leaving, you might not want to do that).
While your membership won't be cancelled, your company could ask you to reimburse them for the membership costs.

When I was in a coding position with my company, I was part of the corporate membership, when I changed positions, within the same company and wanted to keep my membership I called AAPC and talked with them about helping me make a smooth transition and it worked out for me. The team at AAPC are really great to work with.

If you left the company while on a corporate membership, you would be converted back to an individual membership at some point.

(The exact point depending on where you left within the renewal period and when your individual join date was. The member would need to call AAPC to get specific dates.)

It's a very common scenario for members to change jobs and alternate between individual or corporate memberships - you wouldn't just lose your certification.