Wiki MFM Billing for Antepartum Care Only Codes

Best answers
My provider is a MFM whom also delivers patients. If my provider delivers the patient, we would bill for the global delivery(antepartum and postpartum). There has been a few instances where the hospitalist will deliver and bill for the delivery. Then the patient will come to our office for postpartum visits. Since the Hospitalist billed for the delivery, would my provider whom is the sole provider monitoring the patients pregnancy prior be able to still bill for Antepartum visits when the majority of visits were E/M based?

i am sorry i am new to OBGYN. my understanding that if it's a different specialty, then your provider can bill for E/M. i know there are CPT for specific prenatal visits: 59425-59426 and postpartum 59430. To me, if pt has nothing significant to be monitored, treated etc, then i would bill 59430 postpartum. if there is a condition that MD monitors etc, then I would code E/M. It's not 0503F codes for just postpartum as a part of Global. Again, i am new to OB. :)

yes if it is for postpartum without a problem and your doctor did not do the delivery then 59430.
if there is a problem during her post period you may bill and E/M code. add modifier 24