Wiki MIPS compliance question regarding Quality Measure #177 (Diabetic Vision Screenings)

AaronJKB2

Best answers
Hello all! I'm a recently accredited CPC-A and am glad to have finally joined the work force. I recently have begun an internship at a local general practitioner, and have been assigned the duty of assisting with MIPS compliance for the end of the measurement period.

In particular, I'm assisting with properly categorizing diabetic eye exams (Quality ID #117). I'm using the software suite called DrChrono, and am unsure if there's some sort of software issue or if I'm missing something obvious in regards to code formatting. I'm entering the below codes in combination, and yet the patients are still listed as having the affiliated measure unfulfilled.

For sake of example, two individuals are listed as an E11.9 and an E11.69.

I review their documentation, and both are a valid recipient of code 3072F, as the documentation from 2018 to 2019 makes no mention of retinopathy risk in the past year.

I enter these two codes, in addition to the existing 99213.

Do 99213, E11.9/E11.69, and 3072F together not fulfill the criteria for a valid combination? The patients all fall within the correct age range, and their most recent visits were within 2019.

I apologize if this is an obvious question, I have minimal experience in the field and am looking to improve. The lack of error/warning messages from the software in regards to missing information is also taking some getting used to. Thank you in advance for any advice!