Wiki MIPS (PQRS) #195 Carotid Stenosis

Weberr

New
Local Chapter Officer
Best answers
Has anyone successfully reported PQRS measure 195? My question concerns acceptable documentation for "no hemodynamically significant stenosis.?" Does it still need to be reported as "<50%" or can it be reported as having met the measure like "no stenosis" is? Most of our radiologists use that verbiage, and while some comply easily with requests to document a percentage, some push back and say it's the same thing as saying "no stenosis." Thank you.

"no significant hemodynamically stenosis" - CTA

I am struggling with this same issue and have been unsuccessful in finding an answer. Has your question been answered since your post?

Has anyone successfully reported PQRS measure 195? My question concerns acceptable documentation for "no hemodynamically significant stenosis.?" Does it still need to be reported as "<50%" or can it be reported as having met the measure like "no stenosis" is? Most of our radiologists use that verbiage, and while some comply easily with requests to document a percentage, some push back and say it's the same thing as saying "no stenosis." Thank you.

MIPS Measure 195 states:
NOTE: In cases where the carotid imaging exam findings result in no stenosis and that determination is included in the final report, the measure can be reported as “performance met” since “no stenosis” is considered a NASCET category.

does "not hemodynamically significant" = "no stenosis?"

Renee, thank you for responding. I am aware of that note in the measure; however, to get to the heart of my question, does "not hemodynamically significant" = "no stenosis?"

From what I gather, there is not a static definition of "not hemodynamically significant." It should pass for "no stenosis," but my recommendation is to define in your practice policy what the doctors use to determine RAS levels, citing reputable medical sources who confirm the definitions. And define "not hemodynamically significant" to equal "no stenosis." This should serve as acceptable backup in the event of an audit.